Office Manager - Full-time
OFFICE MANAGER – Full-time
The Office Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Windsor Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center by carrying out a range of administrative, financial, and managerial tasks. This role is a key member of the Chamber staff and is responsible for implementing modern office procedures and providing exemplary customer service resulting in excellent programs, high membership retention, and increased efficiency of the organization.
The Office Manager manages the office, maintains the membership records, coordinates informational services, and provides staff support for Chamber projects and events. The Office Manager is expected to have extensive knowledge of Chamber programs and objectives. The Office Manager has a major role in coordinating administrative activities, which require frequent contact with members, the public, other organizations, and government officials.
The Office Manager functions with administrative judgment and discretion in applying policies and procedures, and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on members, costs, and/or quality of service. The Office Manager is expected to research, analyze, and compile information to prepare documents and reports, handle complaints, or resolve problems, and to conduct correspondence for the organization based on general instructions from the Executive Director.
The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Hours and Pay:
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. In-office presence during the core office hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm M-F is required.
Pay range: $22-30/hr DOE
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees office services such as payroll, purchasing, records control, projects, and accounting operations. Duties include accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor records, file maintenance, and general recordkeeping. Coordinates and shares information with Accountant and Chamber Treasurer on a regular basis.
- Operates computer and office support software. Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, customer relationship databases, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format documents and reports. Backs up data on a regular basis and maintains computer systems.
- Analyzes operating practices such as record-keeping systems, forms control, office layout, creating new systems, or revising established procedures. Monitors expenses and increases productivity to improve performance under the budget approved by the Board of Directors.
- Oversees Chamber and Transit sales. Balances petty cash. Administers Certificate of Origin documentation as needed. Maintains daily log of visitor information contacts and requests. Maintains historical files and public-access documents
- Updates employee handbook and creates and/or maintains other policy and procedure documents as necessary.
Membership Services, Support, and Communications
- Responsible for all incoming phone calls, voice mail, and e-mail.
- Maintains and updates the Chamber website and membership databases, community information, master calendar of meetings, events, and other functions.
- Sends invoices for membership dues and routine communications for aging and overdue accounts.
- Assists in writing, collating, production, and distribution of all Chamber publications, including monthly e-newsletter and weekly e-blasts, membership directories, maps, mailings, etc.
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors of Windsor Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center and serves as recording secretary at the pleasure of the Board. Prepares and distributes agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, and provides other Board support duties as required.
- Assists the organization’s HR and finance functions by keeping personnel records up to date. Assists the Executive Director with HR functions by maintaining job descriptions and scheduling interviews, exit interviews, and on-boarding for new employees.
- Provides administrative support for all Chamber events such as member luncheons, networking events, educational seminars, quarterly and annual fundraisers, and annual meetings.
- Assists in coordinating paid and volunteer staff to insure coverage of office and Visitor Center hours. Assists the Executive Director to comply with terms, conditions, and expectations of the Town of Windsor and County contracts to provide visitor information services, including record keeping, reporting, and invoicing to fulfil grant requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- 5-10 years experience in an administrative, office-based, secretarial, or customer-facing work experience role; non-profit background is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Goal-oriented, professional, service-driven, and well organized
- Skilled in professional customer service
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and in writing)
- Proficiency in office software systems like Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with CRM software and email marketing platforms; basic knowledge of IT system function including internet, wi-fi, ethernet, external hard drives and data back-up systems
- Experience with graphics software like Creative Suite or Canva is desirable
- Basic accounting skills and experience with QuickBooks/QuickBooks Online
- Ability to work effectively with a cross-section of people and nationalities; multi-lingual or bilingual Spanish-English is a plus
- Ability to perform consistently in a multi-tasking and deadline-driven environment with reliability and discretion
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Frequently sits, stands, and walks. Occasionally twists/turns, bends, kneels, and reaches overhead. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This job primarily operates in a professional office environment
- Dress code is business casual
- The Chamber offices and Visitors Center are a fragrance-free zone
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Beth Henry, Executive Director
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: